- Master of Arts in Theology, Newbold College, Binfield, UK (validated by the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, UK). Specialisation: Systematic Theology. 2009.
- License in Theology, Newbold College, Binfield, UK (validated by the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, UK). 2007.
- Master of Education, Iceland University of Education, Reykjavik, Iceland. Specialisation: Use of IT in education. 2005.
- Diploma as Elementary school teacher, Evangelisches Lehrerseminar Muristalden Bern, Switzerland. 1986.
- Federal Certificate of Proficiancy as Mechanic (Eindgenössisches Fähigkeitszeugnis). RBS trains (formerly SZB), Worblaufen, Switzerland. 1979.
Mat á fjarnámsumhverfi Ökuskólans Ekils. Reykjavik: Rannsóknarstofnun KHÍ.
[Assessment report of FDL environment of the Ekill Driving school].
Færni íslenskra grunnskólakennara á sviði upplýsinga- og samskiptatækni. Niðurstöður greiningar frá árunum 2002 til 2003. Reykjavik: Rannsóknarstofnun Kennaraháskóla Íslands.
[Book about an assessment of IT skills and needs in Icelandic elementary schools].
Greiningartæki til að kanna færni á sviði UST. Niðurstöður úr KHÍ. Reykjavik: Rannsóknarstofnun KHÍ.
[Report about the assessment of IT skills and needs in the Iceland University of Education].
Plastvinna í grunnskóla. Reykjavik: Námsgagnastofnun.
[Textbook about the use of plastics in technology education].
Um nauðsyn tæknimenntar. Ný menntamál, 3(12), 6-11
[Article about the necessity of technology education in primary and lower secondary education].
Plastvinna í grunnskóla [VHS]. In hjarta Höfuð, hönd (Producer). Ísland: Námsgagnastofnun.
[Two 20 min. educational videos about the use of plastics in technology education].
Energi i Norden - en Computeropgave. Nytt om data i skolan(2), 24-26
[Article about the creation of a multimedia application with 8th grade students].
Hefur trú á eigin færni áhrif á frammistöðu í námi og kennslu? Erindi var flutt á Miðvikudagsfyrirlestrar Rannsóknarstofnunar KHÍ
[Do self-efficacy beliefs affect learning and teaching?]
Fjarkennsla í tónlistarskólum. Erindi var flutt á Tónlistarskóli FÍH.
[The opportunities of FDL in music schools].
With Allyson Macdonald, Arna H. Jónsdóttir, Sólveig Jakobsdóttir, Svala Jónsdóttir og Jóhannsdóttir, u. (2005). Hvernig gagnast kenningar í rannsóknum á notkun tækni i menntun? Erindi var flutt á Gróska og margbreytileiki II. Íslenskar menntarannsóknir 2005. Reykjavik
[Conference paper about the usefulness of theories in research for technology in education].
Færni íslenskra grunnskólakennara á sviði upplýsinga- og samskiptatækni. Reykjavik: Rannsóknarstofnun Kennaraháskóla Íslands.
[IT skills of Icelandic elementary and lower secondary teachers].
A tool to assess IT Skills and Needs of Educational Staff. Paper on the conference The Positioning of Education in Contemporary Knowledge Socitey Reykjavik.
Karlmennska og kennarastarf. Erindi var flutt á Möguleikar karlmennskunnar Reykjavik.
[Masculinity and the teacher's profession, Conference Paper].
Greining færni kennara á sviði UST. Erindi var flutt á Málþing RKHÍ Reykjavik
[Assessment of teacher’s skills in IT]
Greiningartæki til að kanna færni í UST – fyrstu niðurstöður. Erindi var flutt á UT2002 Kópavogi
[A tool to assess IT skills and needs – first results, Conference Paper].
Samstarfsverkefni þriggja háskóla um endurmenntun kennara. Erindi var flutt á UT2000 Kópavogur
[Cooperation of Three European Universities for in-service Training, Conference Paper]
Additional Research Experience
- Development of an online interest inventory for secondary school students.
With Sif Einarsdóttir, University of Iceland and James Rounds University of Illinoisp, Champaign-Urbana.
Design and programming of online survey system. Programming of online graphical presentation of individual profiles results. Funded by the Research Council of Iceland. (2003-2007).
- LearnICT – using ICT in learning and teaching in Iceland.
A project funded by the Research Council of Iceland under the Information Technology research program. Participating organisations: Iceland University of Education, Research Centre University of Reykjavik, University of Akureyri. Researchers: Allyson Macdonald, Anna Magnea Hreinsdóttir, Anna Ólafsdóttir, Arna H. Jónsóttir, Auður Kristinsdóttir, Ásrún Matthíasdóttir, Karl Jeppesen, Kristín Guðmundsdóttir, Kristín Norðdahl, Manfred Lemke, Michael Dal, Samuel Lefever, Sigurjón Mýrdal, Sólveig Jakobsdóttir, Svala Jónsdóttir, Torfi Hjartarson and Þuríður Jóhannsdóttir.
The purpose of this project was to to consider the opportunities presented when ICT is used as a medium in teaching and learning in all four school levels in Iceland. (2002-2005) http://namust.khi.is/LearnICT.doc.
- GFF- Database of trees planted in southwest Iceland.
A private project funded by communities and companies of the region. In a web-based database, measurements of all trees planted mostly by secondary school students are collected. Users can access earlier measurements via WAP with their cell phones and enter new measurement data.
The database gives possibilities to retrieve data about growth according to various variables, such as species, use of fertilizer and location. (2003 - 2007).
- FISTE - A Future Way for In-Service Teacher Training Across Europe.
Comenius Project for In-Service teacher training. Partners: University of Oulu (Finland), Iceland University of Education, In-Service Teacher Training Center in Jerez (Spain), Babes-Bolyai University Cluj Napoca (Romania), University of Latvia, National Academy of Physical Education and Sport Bucharest (Romania). (2005-2007).
- Founder and director of Flanko Press ltd Publishing House (2016) flankopress.com
- Member of ther Association of University Administrators (aua.ac.uk). 2014-17
- Member of SACRE, Standing Advisory Committee for Religious Education, Bracknell Town Coucil United Kingdom. 2015-17
- Chair of Academic Resources Committee, Newbold College of Higher Education, United Kingdom. 2014-17
- Secretary of Academic Board, Newbold College of Higher Education, United Kingdom. 2014-17
- Communication Director Seventh-day Adventist Church, Iceland Conference. 2009-14
- Member of Comenius project A Future Way For In-Service Teacher Training Across Europe in collaboration with four other european countries. 2004-7
- Chair of the school board. Sudurhlidarskoli elementary school. 2005-6
- IT policy and development Committee. Iceland University of Education. 2002-5
- Reviewer of textbooks in Technology Education in elementary school. The National Centre for Educational Materials. 2002/2004
- Chair of the streering committee for driving teacher education. Iceland University of Education. 1998-2000
- Project manager of driving teacher education for Iceland University of Education. 1998-2000
- Technology and ICT education advisor for the Local Educational Authorities in northeastern Iceland. 1992-96
- Technology education advisor for the Local Educational Authorities in northwestern Iceland. 1990-92.